This section is for current USC students wishing to transfer into a Thornton undergraduate major, including current Thornton students wishing to switch their major or degree. All required materials for Fall admission must be received by December 1. All required materials for Spring admission must be received by October 1. Please note that these are received deadlines, NOT postmark deadlines.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The following programs do not accept applications for spring semester entrance:
- Choral Music
- Jazz Studies
- Popular Music
- Print out the application (CLICK HERE) and return it directly to the Thornton Admission Office.
- Submit a Resume, a Repertoire List, and a Statement of Objectives (where appropriate).
- IMPORTANT-Bring these materials along with your completed Thornton application directly to the Thornton School Admission Office (TMC 200).
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, or lyric sheets where appropriate. These materials should be uploaded through the appropriate DecisionDesk link. The DecisionDesk upload fee is $15.
- Recordings will not be accepted in person, via mail or email for any program. Recordings must be submitted online through the appropriate “DecisionDesk portal” by the deadline. The Spring Deadline is October 1st. The Fall deadline is December 1st. Any application not complete by the published deadlines may be removed from consideration.
To access the Spring portal to submit your recording click on the following link:
To access the Fall portal to submit your recording click on the following link:
- Perform an Audition- If you pass your department’s prescreen round, you will automatically be scheduled for an audition date. You will be notified of your prescreen results/audition date and time by email.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 740-8986 or (800) 872-2213.