This section is for graduate spring applicants. Undergraduate applications are not accepted for Spring Admission unless already enrolled as a student at USC.
The total application fee is $100 ($85 for the USC Graduate Application and $15 for the DecisionDesk recording upload where applicable). All required materials (that go to Thornton OR USC) must be received by October 1. Please note that this is NOT a postmark deadline.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The following programs do not accept applications for spring semester entrance:
- Artist Diploma
- Choral Music
- Jazz Studies
- Scoring for Motion Pictures and Television
- Complete the USC Graduate Application. The application fee is $85.
- Submit official transcripts and test scores to the USC Admission Office.
- Complete the USC Thornton School of Music Supplemental Section at the end of the USC application.
- You will also include a Resumé, Repertoire List, and Statement of Purpose (where appropriate) through this supplemental section.
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, or lyric sheets where appropriate. Materials should be uploaded through the following “SPRING DecisionDesk” link. The upload fee is $15.
- All required materials must be received by October 1.
- Recordings will not be accepted via mail or email for any program. Recordings must be submitted online through the “SPRING DecisionDesk portal” by the October 1st deadline. Any application not complete by October 1 may be removed from consideration.
To access the Spring portal to submit your recording click on the following link:
- Perform an Audition:
- You must contact the department to which you are applying by October 10 to set up an audition. Your audition will not automatically be scheduled for you.
- If your department requires prescreen, please do not contact your department until after you have been notified via email of your prescreen results.
International students: visit our International Student Admission section for important information about applying as an international student.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (213) 740-8986 or (800) 872-2213.