Division: Classical Performance and Composition
Program: Keyboard Studies
Christine Hye-Su Kim has performed in Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall and Ambassador Auditorium in Pasadena. She performed solo and chamber music in Kurhaus Triberg, Germany and Église Saint-Bruno-les-Chartreux, Lyon France as a La Gesse Fellow. She recorded Chopin Prelude op. 28 no. 15 “Raindrops” for George Romero’s film “Diary of the Dead” in Technicolor-Toronto. She launched the Glenn Gould School Piano Virtuoso Series in Toronto and appeared in “Person to Person” on Canadian national TV (TVO). She has given radio and magazine interviews for NPR and MUSO. She was a scholarship student at the Colburn School of Performing Arts, USC, and The Glenn School of the Royal Conservatory of Music. Christine Kim has studied with John Perry, Vitaly Margulis, Ann Schein, Antoinette Perry, Joseph Kalichstein, Marc Durand, Luiz de Moura Castro, Leon Fleisher, and Dr. Stewart Gordon. She received her B.M., M.M., D.M.A., from USC, and Artist Diploma from The Glenn Gould School of The Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto. She is currently a lecturer of keyboard studies at the USC Thornton School of Music.
• National Public Radio interview, 2005
• Appeared in “Person to Person” on Canadian National TV (TVO), 2006
• Interview with MUSO magazine, 2007
Honors, Awards & Competitions:
• Artist – La Gesse Foundation, 2009-2010
• Winner – Royal Conservatory Orchestra Concerto Competition, 2006
• Dean’s Honour List with Distinction for outstanding achievement, The Glenn Gould School of The Royal Conservatory of Music, 2005-2006
• Garnered top awards from Los Angeles Liszt Competition, Korea Time Los Angeles Competition, Long Beach Mozart Festival Solo Competition, Redlands Bowl Competition, Glendale Piano Competition, California Association of Piano Music Teachers Concerto Competition, Japan America Symphony Competition, Southern Youth Music Festival Young Pianist Competition.
• Full Scholarship, Aspen Music Festival, 1997-1999, 2005
• Scholarship, Colburn School of Performing Arts 1996-1998
• Merit Scholarships, University of Southern California, 1998-2003
• Full Scholarship, The Glenn Gould School of The Royal Conservatory of Music, 2008-2013
• Performed in the Ambassador Auditorium in Pasadena. Performed with the Young Musicians Foundation Debut Orchestra, La Mirada Symphony, Southern Youth Music Festival Orchestra.
• Recorded Chopin Prelude Op. 28 No. 15 “Raindrops” for George Romero’s film “Diary of the Dead” in Technicolor-Toronto, 2006
- University of Southern California, D.M.A., 2013
- University of Southern California, M.M., 2010
- University of Southern California, B.M., 2004