- Program:Vocal Arts and Opera
- Division:Classical Performance and Composition
- Expertise:Vocal Coaching
David Wilkinson is recognized as one of Southern California’s leading vocal accompanists and coaches. His performances as a collaborative pianist have taken place in major concert halls and universities throughout the U.S. and Europe, including The White House, the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, Wigmore Hall, the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Yale University, the Verdi Conservatory and Oberlin Conservatory. Wilkinson has collaborated with such distinguished artists as Frederica Von Stade, Jane Eaglen, Markella Hatziano, Julia Migenes, Adrian Gans, Gloria Parker, and Laurie Rubin. While living in Italy, he was an accompanist for the studios and masterclasses of operatic legends Tito Gobbi, Giuseppe Di Stefano, and Magda Olivero.
Wilkinson is a graduate of the Manhattan School of Music and the USC Thornton School of Music. His teachers have included such imminent artists as Graham Johnson, Kevin Fitz-Gerald, Jeaneane Dowis, and Seymour Lipkin. He is a member of the vocal arts and opera faculty at the USC Thornton School of Music and faculty for the Manhattan School of Music’s Summer Arts Festival. He has also served as guest faculty at the University of California, Santa Barbara and California State University, Fullerton.
- Made professional debut at 16
- Performed at White House, Carnegie Hall, Yale University
- Worked closely with operatic legend Tito Gobbi
- USC Thornton School of Music faculty since 2000
- Faith in Spring with mezzo-soprano Laurie Rubin and pianist Graham Johnson, Opera Omnia, London, 2004.
- MM, USC Thornton School of Music
- BM, Manhattan School of Music
Graham Johnson, Gary Graffman, Seymour Lipkin, Kevin Fitz-Gerald, Jeaneane Dowis