If you are planning a trip to USC, we would love to connect with you while you are here! Below are recommendations for maximizing your trip to campus. Questions? Contact us at (213)740-8986 or email@example.com.
Attend a Thornton Admission Information Session
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to ongoing concerns regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), USC Thornton information sessions have been cancelled through May 29. Please be aware that as the situation continues to develop, we may need to make additional updates to our scheduled programs. For the most up to date USC campus and event information regarding COVID-19 click here.
Thornton specific information sessions are offered on most Fridays, which includes:
- Admission presentation led by a Thornton admission representative (60 minutes – registration is required)
- 11:00 a.m. Undergraduate Information Session (for first-year and transfer applicants)
- 1:00 p.m. Graduate Information Session (for all graduate applicants)
All prospective undergraduate students are also strongly encouraged to attend a Campus Tour Program.
If you are unable to attend a Thornton information session you are welcome to visit our Thornton Admission and Student Affairs Office anytime during your visit to learn more about the application process. We are located in The Music Complex (TMC) suite 200 and are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Observe a Class
IMPORTANT: Due to the most recent COVID-19 mandate by USC, all classes will be conducted online for the remainder of the semester, therefore it is not possible to observe a class at this time. For the most up to date USC campus and event information regarding COVID-19 click here.
Instructions for visiting a class (unless otherwise noted on the approved list):
- Email the instructor in advance to confirm your visit
- Briefly introduce yourself, list the specific date and class you are requesting to attend and the total number in your party. All contact information is available here.
Arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of class and introduce yourself to the instructor Plan to stay for the entire class period
- If you are unable to stay for the entire class, please confirm this with the course instructor.
Attend a Performance or Event
The Thornton School hosts many performances and events each semester and all are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. Explore our event calendar here!
Connect with a Student Ambassador
The USC Thornton Student Ambassadors are currently enrolled undergraduate students at the USC Thornton School of Music and are committed to enhancing the experience for all students, present and future. Click here to learn more about our Ambassadors.