If you are planning a trip to USC, we would love to connect with you while you are here! Below is how we recommend maximizing your trip to campus. Questions? Contact us at (213)740-8986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend a Thornton Admission Information Session
Thornton specific information sessions are offered on most Fridays, which includes:
- Admission presentation led by a Thornton admission representative (60 minutes – registration is required)
- 11:00 a.m. Undergraduate Information Session (for first-year and transfer applicants)
- 1:00 p.m. Graduate Information Session (for all graduate applicants)
Session dates and registration for spring 2019 information sessions will be available on Monday, January 7, 2019.
All prospective undergraduate students are also strongly encouraged to attend a Campus Tour Program.
Unable to attend a Thornton information session? You are welcome to visit our Thornton Admission and Student Affairs Office anytime during your visit to learn more about the application process. We are located in The Music Complex (TMC) suite 200 and are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Observe a Class
- Division of Classical Performance and Composition Approved Class Visit List.
- Division of Contemporary Music Approved Class Visit List.
- Email the instructor in advance to confirm your visit
- Briefly introduce yourself, list the specific date and class you are requesting to attend and the total number in your party. All contact information is available here.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of class and introduce yourself to the instructor
- Plan to stay for the entire class period
- If you are unable to stay for the entire class, please confirm this with the course instructor.
Instructions for visiting a class (unless otherwise noted on the approved list):
Attend a Performance or Event
The Thornton School hosts many performances and events each semester and all are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. Explore our event calendar here!