This section is for graduate spring applicants. Undergraduate applications are not accepted for Spring Admission unless already enrolled as a student at USC.
The total application fee is $115 ($90 for the USC Graduate Application and $25 for the SlideRoom Media/Materials upload). All required materials (that go to Thornton OR USC) must be received by October 1. Please note that this is NOT a postmark deadline.
The following programs do not accept applications for spring semester entrance:
- All DMA Programs
- Artist Diploma
- Choral Music
- Early Music
- Jazz Studies
- Screen Scoring
Very rare exceptions may be considered by written request from the prospective applicant to the Thornton Admission office. These requests should be sent via email to Kit Bellamy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, or writing samples where appropriate. Materials should be uploaded through the SlideRoom link provided below. The fee for SlideRoom is $25.
- You will also include a Resumé, Repertoire List, and Statement of Purpose (where appropriate) through SlideRoom.
Note: Recordings/Materials will not be accepted via mail or email for any program. Recordings/Materials must be submitted online through SlideRoom by the October 1st deadline. Any application not complete by October 1 may be removed from consideration.
To access the SPRING SlideRoom portal to submit your Media/Materials click on the following link:
- Complete the USC Graduate Application. The application fee is $90.
- Submit official transcripts and required test scores to the USC Admission Office.
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation are required for all Graduate applicants unless otherwise stated in the “program application requirements” section for your particular program. Recommendation letters are to be submitted online through the USC online application process.
- All required materials must be received by October 1.
- Perform an Audition — You will be notified by the appropriate department of your prescreen results/audition date and time by email. Note: Please do not make travel plans or purchase tickets until you have received official notification that your audition has been scheduled.
International students: visit our International Student Admission section for important information about applying as an international student.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (213) 740-8986 or (800) 872-2213.