A list of resources and relief funds specifically for artists and freelancers to provide aid during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Relief | Congress has passed a new $1.9 trillion coronavirus package relief package on 3/10/21. The plan includes unemployment aid, direct payments, tax credit expansions, vaccine distribution funds and state and local government relief, among a range of other provisions.
- Unemployment benefits are extended to those who typically do not qualify, such as gig economy workers, furloughed employees and freelancers. Check if you’re eligible for an Economic Impact Payment.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance | Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) is one of the federal CARES Act provisions that helps unemployed Californians who are not usually eligible for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits.
- The Actors Fund | Open to everyone (not just actors!) in entertainment; available to union and non-union entertainment workers
- AFM Local 47 | Emergency Relief Fund. Click here for a list of additional resources for musicians.
- Musicians Foundation | Individual grants for musicians
- Music Health Alliance | Emergency financial assistance is available for music professionals who are unable to pay their basic living expenses.
- ArtWork Archive | Financial Relief Resources for Artists During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Emergency Funding | Funding resources for Freelance Artists
- LA County Department of Arts and Culture | COVID-19 Resources
- Preservation Hall Foundation | List of grants, assistance and other resources for musicians during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Californians for the Arts | Californians for the Arts advocates on the state and federal level for resources to support the creative industries during this public health and economic crisis.
- LA Department of Cultural Affairs | Arts resources during COVID-19
- California Arts Council | List of artist resources.
- Music Covid Relief | A resource brought by partners in the U.S. Music Community to help music professionals access information and applications to receive benefits made available by the CARES Act and the “Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act.”
- MusiCares | COVID-19 Resources
- OnwardCA | OnwardCA is an initiative of companies, foundations, and humans to get California workers displaced by COVID-19 essential life services and back to work as quickly as possible.
This page was last updated March 10, 2021. Every effort is made to update this list regularly. If you notice any errors or have a resource that you would like to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.