Placement Exams for Orientation Participants ONLY
Welcome to USC! If you are a new student and need to take a foreign language placement exam, check the USC Orientation website for dates and times.
• Incoming Freshmem take exams on DAY 1 of Orientation.
• Incoming Transfer students take exams the DAY BEFORE Orientation.
- Photo ID is required.
- Know your USC ID number.
- No registration is necessary. There is no registration fee.
- Arrive 10 minutes before exam starts.
- The exam can take up to 2 hours, so plan accordingly.
- If you need testing accommodations, please contact the USC Office of Disability Services and Programs at least two weeks before the test date.
Aerospace & Defense Forum San Fernando Valley Chapter Meeting - June 19: Modern Digital Marketing Strategies for Aerospace Companies
Established in 1952, Air Electro products and services include the manufacturing and distribution of electrical connectors, contacts, and related accessories. Since 1992 they have emerged as a specialist in the manufacturing of custom connectors, contacts, and cable assemblies.
Please join us in Sherman Oaks, CA, on Tuesday, May 15, 7:30–9:00am, when Nemanja Jokanovice, Marketing Director at Air Electro, Inc., will present current digital marketing strategies in the world of electronic component distribution.
In the past 12 months, Air Electro has shifted its marketing focus toward digital expansion in order to maximize the opportunities in h2h (human to human) sales. The presentation will demonstrate which marketing steps need to be taken in order to grow your business and stay ahead of the competitors in a competitive market.
The presentation will include:
1. Shifting From B2B to H2H Sales Approach
2. Marketplace Assessment and Understanding
3. Marketing vs Advertising
4. Digital Strategies Taken to Support Growth and Visibility in the Connector Marketplace – to include:
• Website Assessment and Improvement
• SEO Adaptability and “Google-Friendly” Website Content
• Education vs Selling in the Millennial Era à Content Creation – “Content is King”
• PPC and AdWords – Bidding Strategies
• Social Marketing and Branding
• Email Marketing and Branding
• “Ghost” Inventory Model vs Traditional Inventory
5. The Importance of Analytics in Digital Marketing
• The Benefits of Being a Google Analytics Master
• Search Aggregator Data Discussion
6. What is Next for Air Electro?
• Understanding Why Digital Marketing is a Never-Ending Process
7. Tying it all together = Growth, Success, Better Customer Knowledge and Data
The Aerospace & Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community that provides opportunities for sharing of information and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs. Visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aerospacedefenseforum.org_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=h-Sz0dEGRKlckW5P4mqEKA&m=t9wLmxcU5SRmeLzw8kx1uS9fjWNCN8BxTMaZff8tzVo&s=cZmj0UAH0T-JHTTDaB83y7pINoHcEEggmRAMLMH-vFk&e= for info.
California Exports Keep on Growing: Expand Your Business Through Exporting
ExporTech is the only national program that helps individual companies develop an export plan. The program is execution driven, with a team of partners who make it easier to go-to-market and implement the plan. Group workshops are combined with an individual coach for each company, leading to an export plan in 9 weeks.
Session 1: Export Strategy & Best Practices: Exploring strategic options
Session 2: Mechanics of Exporting: Removing knowledge gaps and overcoming obstacles
Session 3: Export Growth Plan Presentations: Obtaining expert feedback
To register: Contact Elizabeth Glynn at 310-984-0728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cybersecurity Training for Owners and Managers - Meeting DoD Requirements for Manufacturers
The workshop will explain DoD cybersecurity requirements listed in NIST 800-171 so you walk away with an understanding of how to make your company compliant.
The instructor, Dr. Clifford Neuman, is a renowned cybersecurity expert and Director of USC’s Center for Computer Systems Security, in the Viterbi School of Engineering’s Information Sciences Institute.
The US Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment sponsors this free workshop, offered by the Price School – USC Center for Economic Development.
Capacity is limited.
USC TROJAN KIDS CAMP
THIS IS A SUMMER CAMP FOR THE YOUTH AGES 9-15. BEGINNING JULY 2-27, 2018. SPORTS AND ACADEMICS. APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED NOW. LAST DAY TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS JUNE 18, 2018.
Outside the Box [Office]: Summer 2018
Outside the Box [Office] is SCA's ongoing weekly showcase for upcoming international, documentary and independent cinema. The series draws from around the globe to present movies that may challenge, inspire or simply entertain and often features recent award-winning films from Sundance, Cannes, Berlin, SXSW and Venice Film Festivals. All screenings are free of charge and open to the public, unless otherwise noted. All screenings will be OVERBOOKED to ensure capacity.
Click on individual film titles below for a website specific to that screening, including synopsis, trailer, running time, rating and artwork, as well as to MAKE RESERVATIONS.
SCHEDULE OF SCREENINGS
06/11: Damsel, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
06/13: The Yellow Birds, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
06/19: The Catcher Was a Spy, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
06/25: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
06/26: Under the Tree, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
07/09: A Midsummer Night's Dream, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
07/11: Eighth Grade, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
07/12: Skyscraper, 7:30PM, Norris Cinema Theatre, NCT
07/25: A Syrian Love Story, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
07/26: The Other Side of Hope, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
08/01: Nico, 1988, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
08/08: The Wife, 7:00PM, Ray Stark Family Theatre, SCA 108
08/15: Crazy Rich Asians, 7:30PM, Norris Cinema Theatre, NCT
Name: Alessandro Ago