We continue to make progress in making the fall semester unique and meaningful. While many details have yet to be fully confirmed, progress is being made weekly. As announced on July 15, all Thornton activity for the Fall 2020 semester will follow an online-only format. The information provided below will continue to evolve as more details are confirmed.
Please check back frequently for the latest information.
Messages from Dean Cutietta
Read the latest updates and messages from Dean Cutietta here.
August 6: Details about the Fall 2020 Semester
In a memo on August 5 to the university community, Provost Zukoski announced that USC would begin the Fall 2020 semester with fully remote instruction. It is so unfortunate, but I want to clarify a few points in the Provost’s announcement as it relates specifically to the Thornton School.
Fall Semester FAQ
Find key dates for the Fall semester, information for international students, and answers to common questions here. Check back regularly for the latest information as more details are confirmed. Click here >>
The following includes updates and resources most pertinent to students of USC Thornton.
Fall 2020 Course Schedule: The University Registrar has issued an updated schedule of classes for the fall 2020 semester with details on delivery methods.
Academic Advising: Information about the academic advising process during the Spring 2020 semester.
Recitals and Juries: The USC Thornton School of Music has published guidelines for conducting recitals and juries during remote instruction. Departments are required to facilitate a recital or an agreed-upon substitute.
Faculty & Staff Resources
The following includes updates and resources most pertinent to USC Thornton faculty and staff.
Thornton Online Teaching Website: USC Thornton has provided a resource for faculty, staff and teaching assistants to help acclimate to new modes of remote teaching. Download step-by-step guides to make the most of digital teaching tools.
Thornton Facilities: Read the latest guidelines and safety protocol for faculty and staff who need to visit campus or access Thornton facilities for their work.
University Resources for Faculty
- Resource Center for Faculty: The University web page for students with additional information and frequently asked questions.
- Testing and Examination Tools: Information Technology Services (ITS) has performed an extensive analysis of USC’s remote testing applications and has provided a comparison of tools that can be used to administer, proctor and ensure the overall integrity of final exams at USC.
- USC Center for Excellence in Teaching: The University’s CET provides targeted modules, videos, and short classes for instructors transitioning to online teaching methods.
Here is where you can find more information and resources from the university:
- USC Fall 2020 Restart Plan: Up-to-date information and USC protocol for the Fall 2020 semester will be available here.
- USC Covid-19 Resource Center: All updated USC information about COVID-19 will be available here.
- Trojan Check Wellness Assessment: All students, staff and faculty will be required to complete this online assessment each time they plan to enter any campus, and daily for students residing in USC Housing.
This webpage will be updated as more information becomes available. Please check back regularly.