The USC Thornton school of music has issued guidance for degree recitals and juries during periods of remote instruction. The guidelines provided below are subject to change, so please check back for the latest information.
- Departments are required to facilitate a virtual recital OR an agreed-upon substitute as a capstone experience.
- All virtual recitals or substitutes must adhere to social distancing parameters and other CDC guidelines.
- The acceptable forms of recitals in your department (live stream, recording, alternative recorded presentation, written document, etc.) are to be decided by the chair in consultation with the faculty and with approval of the Vice Dean.
- All juries must be conducted online.
- Departments are encouraged to modify the mode of delivery and content of the jury as appropriate.
- Possible approaches to juries include live Zoom sessions with the faculty, recordings, or other substitutes which are to be decided by the chair in consultation with the faculty and with approval of the Vice Dean.
- Evaluation should be conducted as closely as possible to the spirit of normal juries.
Information about the academic advising process is available here. If you have particular needs and you’re not sure who to reach out to, please contact your Thornton academic adviser or the USC Campus Support & Intervention office at 213-740-0411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.