Thornton Technology Services
Classroom Audio-Visual Overview:
Thornton Technology Services maintains the audiovisual equipment found in each classroom, rehearsal space, and venue.
Most Thornton classrooms and spaces are equipped with the following:
- 1/8th (3.5mm) inch audio connection for audio playback (the connection you would find on an iPod, for example)
- VGA video connection*
- DVD/CD player
- Thornton provides 1/8th inch audio cables and VGA cables
*You will need to provide your own video adapter if your computer does not have a VGA connection
*Mac Laptops do NOT have VGA connections. The most common video adapter needed for Macs is a Mini Display Port to VGA adapter. Please double check what kind of video connection your computer has.
Classroom Audio-Visual Support:
We place priority on support for classroom instruction. For immediate assistance, please contact Technology Services at 213-821-5907, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When reporting your request, please supply the following information:
- Your name, email address, and/or telephone number.
- The specific location of the problem (building and room number).
- A detailed description of the problem.
If you would like to discuss wish list items or major audiovisual improvements, please contact Florence Bullock.