Thornton Technology supports and maintains the audio/visual equipment in our classrooms.
We place priority on support for classroom instruction. For immediate assistance, please contact Technology Services at 213-821-5907, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When reporting your request, please supply the following information:
- Your name, email address, and/or telephone number.
- The specific location of the problem (building and room number).
- A detailed description of the problem.
Most Thornton classrooms and spaces are equipped with the following:
- 1/8th (3.5mm) inch audio connection for audio playback (the connection you would find on an iPod, for example)
- VGA video connection*
- HDMI connections can also be found in the following classrooms:*
- MUS 102B
- MUS 204
- MUS 213
- MUS 303
- TMC G128
- TMC G147
- TMC G156
- TMC 112
- Schoenfeld Recital Hall
- Newman Recital Hall
- Ramo Recital Hall (BMH 100)
- DVD/CD player
- Thornton provides 1/8th inch audio cables and VGA cables
*You will need to provide your own video adapter if your computer does not have a VGA connection
*Mac Laptops do NOT have VGA connections. Please double check what kind of video connection your computer has. A quick guide to Mac laptop adapters can be found here.
For production assistance in Thornton Venues, please contact the following teams:
- BMH 100 (Ramo Recital Hall), AHF 151 (Newman Recital Hall), MUS 106 (MacDonald Recital Hall)
- Thornton Production: email@example.com
- CTV 136A (Carson Soundstage), TMC G102 (Songwriter’s Theater)
- Contemporary Music Production: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss major audio-visual projects or classroom improvement, please contact Florence Bullock.