USC Conferencing and Collaboration Services
As a USC student, staff, or faculty member, you have access to both Skype for Business and Blackboard Collaborate. Skype for Business is used for general teleconferencing and video conferencing services, while Blackboard Collaborate is specifically linked to a class or organization via Blackboard, and acts as a virtual classroom.
Both services require a computer or mobile device. If you are a Thornton student, staff, or faculty member, you may borrow equipment from the Thornton Technology Office in CTV 220. We have laptops available with Skype for Business already installed, as well as a Logitech ConferenceCam which can be used as an external microphone and camera. Please see our equipment checkout page for more information on how to reserve kits.
Skype for Business
1. To install, sign in here.
2. This will take you to the available installs from Microsoft. Find the Skype for Business Link, and follow the directions from there.
3. Once installed, use your USC NetID credentials to log into Skype for Business.
Note: USC credentials will only work with Skype for Business (not regular Skype). You will only be able to communicate with USC students, staff, and faculty via Skype for Business.
Please visit ITS’s site for more information on how to use Skype for Business.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
1. To access, log into Blackboard and click on the class or organization in which you’d like to start a session.
2. Click on Tools on the left side of the page
3. Find and click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
4. Click “Create Session” to begin.
For more information on Blackboard Collaborate, see the following links: