This section is for all graduate applicants including current USC students applying for a USC graduate program (FALL Semester only). The total application fee is $100 ($85 for the USC Graduate Application and $15 for the DecisionDesk recording upload where applicable). All required materials must be received by December 1 (Except “Arts Leadership”). Please note that this is a received deadline, NOT a postmark deadline.
- Complete the USC Graduate Application. The application fee is $85.
- Submit official transcripts and required test scores* to the USC Admission Office.
*Important Note: GRE scores are required from applicants to the following programs: MM in Music Education, MA in Early Music, and ALL DMA programs.
- Complete the USC Thornton School of Music Supplemental Section at the end of the USC application.
- You will also include a Resumé, Repertoire List, and Statement of Purpose (where appropriate) through this supplemental section.
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation are required for all Graduate applicants unless otherwise stated in the “program application requirements” section for your particular program. Recommendation letters are to be submitted online through the USC online application process.
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, or lyric sheets where appropriate. Materials should be uploaded through the following FALL DecisionDesk link. The upload fee is $15.
- All required materials must be received by December 1.
- Recordings will not be accepted via mail or email for any program. Recordings must be submitted online through the “FALL DecisionDesk portal” by the December 1st deadline. Any application not complete by December 1 may be removed from consideration.
To access the Fall portal to submit your recording click on the following link:
- Perform an Audition — If you pass your department’s prescreen round, you will automatically be scheduled for an audition. You will be notified of your prescreen results/audition date and time by email. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL PLANS OR PURCHASE TICKETS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION THAT YOUR AUDITION HAS BEEN SCHEDULED.
If you are interested in applying for a Teaching Assistantship please click here.
International students: visit our International Student Admission section for important information about applying as an international student.
**Are you a USC Thornton student right now? If so, click here for special application information.**
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (213) 740-8986 or (800) 872-2213.