This section is for all graduate applicants including current USC students applying for a USC graduate program (FALL Semester only). The total application fee is $115 ($90 for the USC Graduate Application and $25 for the SlideRoom Media/Materials upload). All required materials must be received by December 1 (Except “Arts Leadership”). Please note that this is a received deadline, NOT a postmark deadline.
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, or writing samples where appropriate. Materials should be uploaded through the SlideRoom link provided below. The fee for SlideRoom is $25.
- You will also include a Resumé, Statement of Purpose, and Repertoire List (where appropriate) through SlideRoom.
Note: Recordings/Materials will not be accepted via mail or email for any program. Recordings/Materials must be submitted online through SlideRoom by the December 1st deadline. Any application not complete by December 1 may be removed from consideration.
To access the SlideRoom portal to submit your Media/Materials click on the following link:
- Complete the USC Graduate Application. The application fee is $90.
- Submit official transcripts and required test scores to the USC Admission Office.
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation are required for all Graduate applicants unless otherwise stated in the “program application requirements” section for your particular program. Recommendation letters are to be submitted online through the USC online application process.
- All required materials must be received by December 1.
Important note: GRE scores are required from applicants to the following programs:
- MM/DMA in Music Teaching and Learning
- MA/DMA in Early Music
- DMA in Choral Music
- DMA in Sacred Music
- PHD in Musicology
**All other applicants to programs not specifically listed above are NOT required to submit GRE scores. DMA applicants who perform a live audition and who are applying to programs for which the GRE is not required must sit for a written examination on the weekend of their live audition. Additional details regarding the DMA Written Examination can be found here.**
- Perform an Audition — If you pass your department’s prescreen round, you will automatically be scheduled for an audition. You will be notified of your prescreen results/audition date and time by email. Note: Please do not make travel plans or purchase tickets until you have received official notification that your audition has been scheduled.
International students: Visit our International Student Admission section for important information about applying as an international student.
Are you a USC Thornton student right now? If so, please see special application information for current Thornton students, here.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 740-8986 or (800) 872-2213.