This page contains information for students from overseas who have already been pre-selected by their home institution for possible participation in a Thornton International Exchange Program during the 2021-22 academic year.
Application for Final Selection by USC Thornton
Students who have been pre-selected by their home institution must submit an application for final selection via the prescribed online Slideroom application system. An application fee of $25 (payable by credit card) will be charged at the time of submission. The application cannot be submitted and no part of the application will be reviewed until all required portions are completed, all required media files are uploaded, and the application fee is paid.
The deadline to submit your application to USC Thornton is 15 February 2021.
All of the following must be uploaded to the online application:
- Audition Guidelines: For specific department audition requirements, please select the appropriate program:
For other areas of emphasis, contact the Thornton international exchange advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
- Letter of Motivation: In one or two pages, this letter should describe the reasons why you are interested in participating in the exchange program at the Thornton School. Include reflections regarding your professional and artistic goals, along with how overseas study at the host institution aligns with those goals.
- Learning Agreement: Completed in cooperation with an advisor at your home institution, this learning plan should list the specific courses at USC Thornton that you propose to take during your time of study if selected for the exchange program. Note that the proposed program must include between 12 and 18 units of USC Thornton courses.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae including musical, professional, and academic experience.
- Academic Transcript: This should be a record obtained from your home institution of all academic work you have completed to date at your home institution.
- Passport: A copy of a valid passport that will not expire before the end of the 2021-22 academic year.
Notification of Final Selection
USC Thornton will notify all applicants in early April regarding final selection. This notification will be issued via email and will indicate whether or not you have been selected by USC Thornton for participation in the exchange program. At the time of notification, students selected for the exchange program will be provided information regarding how to obtain the necessary visa and make other preparations for their time of study at USC Thornton.