Welcome to Arts Leadership at USC, a graduate program that redefines how we think about and practice arts leadership in the 21st Century.
What makes Arts Leadership unique is its contemporary vision. The world is at a critical moment – one in which the extraordinary changes in demographics, economics, technology, globalization, environmentalism, and social practice are converging with incredible speed to change the world in ways we can only imagine.
It’s an especially exciting moment for artists and arts leaders– one that demands creativity, innovation and new ways of thinking whether you are at the beginning of your career or an experienced arts leader seeking a new way of working. That’s why we created Arts Leadership.
As you peruse the website, we hope you will see the hallmarks of the program quite clearly:
- Individualized – the program can be tailored to meet your needs
- Rigorous – like all USC programs we strive for the best from our students and our faculty
- Relevant – you’ll immerse yourself in Los Angeles, the country’s most exciting city with its rich, diverse cultural heritage
- Artist-centric– you will tap into your own artistry and creative energies and work through the artistic process
- Theoretical and Practical – we require you to think, and then we give you the chance to put those ideas into practice
The faculty for the program are working professionals drawn from Los Angeles and the world. So you not only receive extraordinary instruction, you also connect with important arts leaders committed to you and your work.
Artistry, innovation and challenge. Together we help you create your own path into the world of arts leadership.
I hope you will join us.
Kenneth J. Foster