On Sunday, October 8th, the USC student-led Concerto Chamber Orchestra will present it’s first concert of the season, featuring undergraduate soloists Max Opferkuch (clarinet) and Shelby Wong (piano). The program will be as follows:
- Crusell – Clarinet Concerto No. 3, Op. 11 in Bb Major
I. Allegro risoluto
Max Opferkuch, clarinet
- Schumann – Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 54
II. Intermezzo – III. Allegro vivace
Shelby Wong, piano
- Tailleferre – Jeux de plein air, orchestrated by Sophie Mathieu
I. “La Tirelitentaine”
- Fauré – Pavane for Orchestra, Op. 50
- Tchaikovsky Waltz from Swan Lake Suite, Op. 20a
The Concerto Chamber Orchestra was formed by USC students in 2012 to create performance opportunities for non-music majors. Today, the ensemble includes approximately 65 members and performs 5-6 concerts each year.
The Concerto Chamber Orchestra’s October 8th concert will take place at 3pm in USC Thornton’s Alice and Eleonore Schoenfeld Symphonic Hall. The event is free.