This section is for current USC students wishing to transfer into a USC Thornton undergraduate major, including current Thornton students wishing to switch their major or degree. All required materials for fall admission must be submitted by December 1. All required materials for spring admission must be submitted by October 1. Please note that these are receive deadlines, NOT postmark deadlines.
The following programs do not accept applications for spring semester entrance:
- Choral Music
- Jazz Studies and Jazz Voice
- Music Production
- Popular Music
- Complete the USC Thornton Portfolio for Current USC Students via SlideRoom. The fee for SlideRoom is $25. Important note: Current USC students do NOT need to submit the Common Application.
- Determine the specific Application Requirements for your chosen program, including prescreen recordings, compositions, video responses or lyric sheets, where appropriate.
- All applicants will be required to include a résumé and repertoire list in the SlideRoom Portfolio. A Statement of Purpose is also required for Music Industry and Choral Music.
- Current USC students are also required to upload a copy of their “Summary of Completed Courses” available through myUSC.
- Optional letters of recommendation for the Thornton School may be submitted through the SlideRoom References section. Important notes for optional letters of recommendation:
- Any optional letters of recommendation you want reviewed by the faculty must be submitted via the Thornton SlideRoom References form by the appropriate deadline. We cannot guarantee the review of any material received after the deadline.
- Any recommendations sent via mail or email will not be reviewed by the faculty.
Note: Recordings/materials will not be accepted in person, via mail or email for any program. Recordings/materials must be submitted online through SlideRoom by the published deadline. The spring deadline is October 1st. The fall deadline is December 1st. Any application not complete by the published deadlines may be removed from consideration.
To access the Current USC Student SlideRoom portal to submit your application click on the following link:
Important Note: Once in SlideRoom, make sure to select the form titled “FOR CURRENT USC STUDENTS ONLY” and the appropriate term (spring or fall 2020). All other forms will require you to have a Common Application and current USC students do not need to complete the Common Application.
- Perform an Audition- If you pass the prescreen round, you will automatically be scheduled for an audition date. You will be notified of your prescreen results/audition date and time by email.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (213) 740-8986.